Nick James' Author Page on Amazon

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Indie Reviews

One thing that can help get your self-published eBooks noticed, or at least more enticing to potential readers, is to have reviews.

I've checked out Three Chapters and submitted Health and Safety to have the first three chapters reviewed. They don't guarantee a positive review, but that's not what I'm looking for. A positive review would be nice, but having a professional reviewer give their input to the book will give me the critique that I need to make my works stand out in the millions of eBooks currently on the market.

Right now, Health and Safety is sitting around #65,000 for its sales rank on Amazon. This isn't a bad number, as it does equate to a few sales a week. Not enough to quit my day job, but enough to make me feel good that people are purchasing the novella.

I'm working intently on the next novel, A Dreamer's Burden, which is about a young man who dreams about future disasters. He has one major problem. If he tells somebody about his dream, the dream won't come true, but he will save countless lives. This of course translates to the public viewing him as a crazed lunatic. I'm about 15% through the first draft and my editor had a brief look and is enjoying the outline.

I'm hoping that once I get larger novels available, plus more indie reviews, my books will begin to climb the ranks.

I'm in this for the long haul and with the positive reviews I've received across my works, that has helped give me the drive I need to keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment