Nick James' Author Page on Amazon

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Health and Safety novella is too short!

Alright, I've had a few people ask me if I would expand on Health and Safety. People seem to be enjoying it and those who I've spoken with would prefer it to be a full novel, as it has the plot potential. I've gotten three nice reviews so far, which have made me quite happy. It's nice to have somehow uncovered this hidden talent. So, yes, I will expand it into a full novel, but not yet.

Right now I'm working on another novel which hasn't been named yet, but it is a psychological-mystery-thriller. (These genres all confuse me.)  Once I'm done the first draft and send it off to the editor's, I'll work up the full length version of Health and Safety.

I've checked with Amazon and although those who have purchased an eBook are eligible to receive an updated version in some circumstances (minor edits, small additions, etc). This however, would not be one of those circumstances. When I release the full novel, I'll leave the price really low for those of you who have already purchased the novella, then I'll jack up the price to some ridiculously high amount, like $4.99 or something.

On another topic, there has been a bit of bad news from the editor in regards to The Connected: Origin of the Sleepers. It needs a lot of work. I'm thinking about doing a rewrite, as this was the project that got me started on the path of writing and I really want it to make it to publication. It's just not ready. But, that's why we have editors!

If you're an indie author considering going the self-publication route, get an editor. This is not an option. Your work will be released unfinished and people notice. If you can't take constructive criticism, you may be plagued to the bowels of the Amazon Kindle database where only the occasional eBook, if you're lucky, will sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment